LINDA DOBAI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These days I was testing the 3.1.0.1399 release of Ganglia , most of all
> the Python modules feature.
>
> I managed to plug several metrics into Ganglia using the new feature and
> it works very well.
> I saw that SPOOF_HOST and SPOOF_NAME aren't attributes of the metric
> descriptors , but could be attached to the metric as extradata . How
> could I attach this option to the metric? Is it possible in the
> 3.1.0.1399 release of Ganglia? Could I have more information about this?

It isn't possible to create a spoofing metric module in the 3.1 code yet.  This
is functionality that I just recently added to the trunk source tree but since
it touched so many files, I didn't want to take a chance of destabilizing the
3.1 branch.  If you pull and build the trunk source tree, you should be able to
build a spoofing metric module by simply adding the SPOOF_HOST and SPOOF_NAME
to the metric description for a python module, or adding the same data as extra
data for a C module.

Python example:

d1 = {'name': 'my_spoof_metric',
        'call_back': my_spoof_handler,
        'time_max': 90,
        'value_type': 'uint',
        'units': '%',
        'slope': 'both',
        'format': '%u',
        'description': 'Some spoofed metric',
        'groups': 'spoof',
        'spoof_host': 'spoof_ip_address:spoof_host_name',   #Same format as the
gmetric -S option
        'spoof_name': 'alternate_metric_name'}                      #Optionally
specify and alternate metric name

Hope this helps,
Brad