<d4c731da0910011533p2d337d0ajc80ea158d2a7...@mail.gmail.com>, Bernard Li
<bern...@vanhpc.org> wrote:
> So has anybody else given 3.1.3 a test run?
>
> I have found some minor issues.
>
> It looks like there are new configure options added in regards to
> setuid and setgid:
>
>   --enable-debug          turn on debugging output and compile options
>   --enable-gexec          turn on gexec support (platform-specific)
>   "--enable-setuid=USER  turn on setuid support (default setuid=nobody)"
>   "--enable-setgid=GROUP  turn on setgid support (default setgid=daemon)"
>
> There are 2 issues:
>
> - extra quotation marks in the text
> - --enable-setuid is OFF by default.  This is the opposite behaviour
> from previous released versions
>
> On top of that, our spec file has not been updated with this new
> configure option and therefore the RPMs I posted do *not* setuid.
>
> I'm not sure if we should consider this as show stopper, but a simple
> fix would simply be to change the default configure option so that it
> reflects the previous behaviour.
>
> Please let me know what you guys think.

If this is just a simple fix, then I would vote for scraping 3.1.3, rolling
3.1.4 with the fix and resetting the test period.  The other option, since this
isn't a regression, would be to release 3.1.3 as is with the defect noted in
the release notes.  Then release 3.1.4 next month with the fixes.  I would vote
for the first option, but I'm OK with the second if that is the way everybody
else wants to go.

Brad