I'm not sure that we need to physically split the web frontend from the backend
as far as the Ganglia project goes.  IMO, why not just follow the pattern that
we already have in SVN under trunk.  Right now we have trunk/monitor-core which
includes everything.  Could we just create a new directory under trunk called
web-frontend and move everything that has to do with the web frontend out of
monitor-core and into web-frontend.  From that point on, they could both be
treated as separate projects with their own release cycles without physically
splitting the code into different repositories.  Tagging and branches would
also work the same way.

The only purpose I see for splitting them into two different projects is to try
to grow two different communities (ie. developers with rights to the web
project who don't necessarily have rights to the monitor-core project and
vice-versa).  Given the fact that we don't really have a large developer
community, I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to split the community
that we have.

Brad

<aanlktimset-nck4h0wrktf6dyszsdf1uv_mxxslup...@mail.gmail.com>, Bernard Li