From: Indranil Chakravorty [mailto:indran...@rediff-inc.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:55 PM
To: ganglia-general
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-general] Wrong Max and Min values for Ganglia beyond last
hour time range... CONTD

Thanks,
Neel

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:24:52 +0530 "Indranil
Chakravorty"<indran...@rediff-inc.com> wrote
>Adding one image at a time to keep the size of the mail within limit. Please
>note the two images and see how the last year graph scales down the peak value
>and in effect the entire historical data.
>
>Thanks,
>Neel
>

> On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:24:53 +0530 "Indranil
> Chakravorty"<indran...@rediff-inc.com> wrote
> >The problem ins persistent in the default graphs of Ganglia. For example
> >check these graph for "Network" for the last "day" and last "year" in the
> >attached images. You will notice that in the "last day" maximum there was a
> >peak of about 70 Mb/ps while the graph for the "last year" does not even
> >scale beyond less than 10 Mb and the peak indicated is about 8 Mb/ps.
> >Ofcourse, the MAX value should not reduce over the year. Anyone who could
> >explain the observation? Thanks a lot.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Neel
> >
> > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:28:38 +0530 "Indranil
> > Chakravorty"<indran...@rediff-inc.com> wrote
> > >Hi,
I am plotting metrics by using gmetad. I am also displaying the MAX, MIN,
AVERAGE and LAST values on the ganglia graph. I realised it today, that the MAX
value is correct if you watch the graph for the last hour. However, It is
incorrect for any other time range. For eg. If in my last hour the MAX value is
2900, however, when see the last day, week or year the MAX value can be shown
as lesser also. It seems ganglia simply gives the average of the MAX values
over time ranges beyond last hour. Could anyone please provide me a workaround
or a fix? I would be really grateful.