From: Jesse Becker [mailto:haw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:27 AM
To: indran...@rediff-inc.com
Cc: ganglia-general
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-general] How to assign a CDEF:MAX or VDEF value to aPHP
variable?

You can certainly do this, you just have to write code for it.  You
have half of it already, the other half is making a call to rrdtool to
get the value.

You need to make a custom chart, which is mostly straightforward.  See
the copiously documented examples in <wwwroot>/ganglia/graphs.d/

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 09:50, Indranil Chakravorty
<indran...@rediff-inc.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jesse, but no I was not looking for that. I was curious if we could
> do something like this,
> $my_php_variable = max_total_reqm;
> where max_total_reqm= the VDEF you defined in previous post.
> In anycase I think the inability of Ganglia to retain MAX values and show
> absolute values over a long duration is a big spoiler w.r.t my need. As such
> I do not think even knowing what I wanted to know would have helped me
> much.
> Thanks,
> Neel
>
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:37:56 +0530 Jesse Becker <haw...@gmail.com> wrote
>>you want a VDEF for this.
>>
>> VDEF:max_total_reqm=total_reqm,MAXIMUM
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 01:41, Indranil Chakravorty
>> <indran...@rediff-inc.com> wrote:
>> > Suppose I create a CDEF as such in my metric.php file,
>> >
>> > ."CDEF:'total_reqm'='erm','orm',+ "
>> >
>> > Could anyone please tell me how could I assign "'total_reqm':MAX:" to a
>> > PHP
>> > variable? Thanks a ton.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Neel

>> > Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to meet
>> > the
>> > growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses
>> > are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your
>> > software
>> > be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker
>> > today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar
>> >

>> --
>> Jesse Becker

Jesse Becker