Hello all,

> I assume you got the script from here:
> http://codeinthehole.com/index.php?url=archives/8-Monitoring-MySQL-with-Ganglia-and-gmetric.html&serendipity[cview]=linear

Yes, that's correct.

> https://github.com/ganglia/gmetric/tree/master/database
> It would be cool if we can get the author to contribute his script to
> our repo, if it is doing something that our existing scripts don't.

I would say that the shell script in question is more or less
equivalent to the Perl script that is already in the repo
(mysql-stats).

I am also aware of the ganglia-contrib and python modules, all
available on github, and plan to use some of those.

Meanwhile, even though Rick Cobb says the magic will happen :) - I'm
afraid I'm missing something (probably just misunderstanding).

So I now have 2 hosts out of 12 in the cluster running the
gmetric-mysql.sh ; in node view, these hosts do have a bunch of mysql
metrics in the no_group section. Also, if I click on grid name in the
web frontend, the mysql metrics are available in the Metric drop-down
selector at the top. However if I do that (select on of those
metrics), I get the usual cluster overview (four graphs, of cluster
load, cpu memory and network) and the mysql metrics graph array below
that - *but* that array only has two actual graphs - from the servers
which have the mysql metrics - and the other 10 graphs are just
"broken" images.

First, that doesn't look so pretty, and is not quite logical - I don't
have all the hosts in the cluster to run mysql, really. Maybe that
means I should list all of my mysql servers as a separate cluster, is
that a kind of "best practice", defining clusters per function and not
by, say, data center?

And second, but definitely not last, I fail to see any aggregation
going on, or, perhaps, I don't know where to look for it. (I also
think these questions apply to any extra metric sets - I have, say, a
couple servers running tomcat, which would generate exactly the same
situation)

Any and all pointers appreciated.

If my ramblings are a bit difficult to visualize, let me know and I'll
put up some screenshots.

All the best,
--
Michael Bravo