This sounds like a confusion between the units of measurement, and
sample resolution.

Almost all of Ganglias metrics are measured in units-per-second.

The sample rate, and the resolution stored, is what we're talking
about when we're saying 15s.

The OP was, AFAICT, concerned about the units, not the sample resolution.

-- ReC