Hi Ron:

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Ron Wellnitz <ron.welln...@debeka.de> wrote:

> I ran in such a problem when I used gemtric for custom graphs and sent a
> wrong data type (string|int8|uint8|int16|uint16|int32|uint32|float|double).

Are you saying that if you use gmetric to inject a custom metric with
incompatible data type, then gmetad will segfault when it tries to
write the RRD file?  If so, I think we should file this as a bug.

The gmond modules (Python, C, C++) are probably susceptible to this
issue as well.

Which version of Ganglia are you guys using?  And OS version/arch please.

Saurabh, please confirm your situation and write back.

Cheers,

Bernard