Hi,

I have 2 gmond clients and using DNS for hostname resolve. But when I
access the web ui I notice one client is shown by IP address not the
hostname. Even I restarted gmond and gmetad daemons still not working.
On the gmetad server and the client the hostname resolve work well.
Could anyone tell me how to fix that?

The attachment is the gmond.conf file. The hostname of client which
has problem is client1.herdingcat.internal.

On the server:

[root@server source]# host 192.168.122.12
12.122.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer client1.herdingcat.internal.
[root@server source]# host client1.herdingcat.internal.
client1.herdingcat.internal has address 192.168.122.12

On the client:

[root@client1 ~]# host 192.168.122.12
12.122.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer client1.herdingcat.internal.
[root@client1 ~]# host client1.herdingcat.internal.
client1.herdingcat.internal has address 192.168.122.12

Thanks very much.

Eric