On May 12, 2011, at 10:49 AM, Ron Cavallo wrote:

> /usr/sbin/gmetad[16968]: Process XML (SaksProdWeb): XML_ParseBuffer() error
> at line 69: not well-formed (invalid token)
>
> The only way to fix it is to restart gmetad. Any idea how this issue can be
> better troubleshot or what the problem is?

Are you using gmetric or python modules to insert your own data into the xml?

Ganglia has a habit of giving up processing when it encounters data in the XML
that isn't properly formed, which your error message suggests is happening.

As an example, I had someone putting some directory names into the XML tree
with gmetric, and the slashes were causing gmond to pitch a fit, which broke
any tags for that particular node that showed up after the bad entry. Had them
clean up their script, restarted gmond where necessary, and monitoring was able
to resume.