From:   Ghassan Elnajjar <gelnaj...@mcvh-vcu.edu>
To:     Michael Perzl <mich...@perzl.org>
Cc:     Alexander Karner <a...@de.ibm.com>,
"ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net"
<ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date:   03/05/2013 11:00 AM
Subject:        Re: [Ganglia-general] ERROR: Could not parse color in ''

Thank you Michael and Alexander for responding.

I verified the conf.php file and it does include the color definitions
that Alexander mentioned below, but I still can see the error.  I did
notice that the graphs that are failing to display and produce this error
are the network_report, the load_report, and the memory_report.  Thoughts?

Ghassan

From:        Michael Perzl <mich...@perzl.org>
To:        Alexander Karner <a...@de.ibm.com>,
"ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net"
<ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net>, Ghassan Elnajjar
<gelnaj...@mcvh-vcu.edu>
Date:        03/05/2013 06:36 AM

Well, what Alexander here is referring to actually is that Ghassan likely
used one of the web interfaces from my web site:
http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Ganglia-web20

But all those RPMs and tar.bz2's should contain a conf.php which contains
all my modifications for AIX and IBM Power Systems. This is especially
done in "conf.php" as conf_default.php is not the right place for that:

# IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT
#
# Please DO NOT edit this file. This file should be left as is. If you
# need to change any of the variables override them in conf.php.

The only question I have is why the necessary bits and pieces have
disappeared on Ghassan's web server and are not present in Alexander's
fresh installation?

Those color definitions should appear only in the additional graphs in
graph.d/:
- SPECfp_rate2006_report.php
- SPECfp_rate_base2006_report.php
- SPECint_rate2006_report.php
- SPECint_rate_base2006_report.php
- cpu_used_report.php
- rperf_report.php
but they should NOT appear in any of the "standard" graphs.

Regards,
Michael