Rick Cobb <rick_c...@ieee.org> writes:

> Generally what you do is have all the compute nodes send to a gmond
> server on the administrative nodes, and then have gmetad poll that
> gmond. You use a unicast setup on the compute node gmonds to do this
> (IIRC, you can have them send to more than one for redundancy); you
> may as well make them "deaf" when you do that.
>
> If you want the administrative nodes to appear in a separate cluster,
> run more than one gmond on them. One listens on the compute gmond port
> and is "mute", the other one listens on the administrative gmond port
> (which you'll have to assign differently than 8648 and 8649) and is
> "normal" (neither deaf nor mute).
>
> -- ReC

Thanks for all the help.  I have now got this working.  The only thing
that isn't quite correct is that one of the admin nodes is listed along
with the compute nodes, although no data has been collected here
(however, the data *is* collected in the admin node data source).

So is there still something wrong with my configuration or is this just
an artefact caused by a past misconfiguration, which has left an entry
for the admin node in the RRD files for the compute nodes?

Cheers,

Loris