HI,
  I have built a small cluster using Vagrant running ubuntu18.04
On the master/monitor node I installed the ganglia rpms using
>sudo apt-get install ganglia-monitor rrdtool gmetad ganglia-webfrontend
On the client nodes
>sudo apt-get instal ganglia-monitor

I have three nodes slm01 slm02 slm03 with slm01 as the master each with 2 cores.

I can see the Physical view of my cluster as well as the Host and Node view with all the default metrics working perfectly.

But on the Grid View the it just shows the top menu bar with no graphical summary
It is the same with the cluster view.

I have set up ganglia using this tutorial I found online

Which is fairly simple configuration.

My goal is the learn how to do some basic configuration and setting up events and enable Automatic Rotation.  (Gotta walk before I can run) but am not able to make either of those work from the gui.  The event gui just hangs.

What would a simple event command look like for checking "load_fifteen" and "cpu_user"

then how do I get that integrated in the Automatic Rotation?
The events.json file in /var/lib/ganglia-web/conf is empty.
> more events.json
> {}
I think I would be better off adding events to the json file rather than trying the figure out why the gui does not work.

How do I enable the Automatic Rotation in the configuration files.

Ganglia Web Frontend version 3.6.1 Check for Updates.
Ganglia Web Backend (gmetad) version 3.6.0 Check for Updates.
Downloading and parsing ganglia's XML tree took 0.0007s.
Images created with RRDtool version 1.7.0.