From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Paul Mundt
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:49 PM
To: Poverty Roundtable
Subject: next mtg Oct 9 at 9 am at YMCA

Paul, please put this note and the attached document on the Poverty
Roundtable
server.

Thanks,
Justin

I attach a brief document describing one direction that we might take in
structuring the Poverty Roundtable as a permanent organization.  Clearly,
until we have adopted a mission statement and also made some fundamental
decisions by choosing certain DO statement, any discussion of an
organization
will be rather vague.  I submit this general outline of a structure for
consideration and then for modification as we proceed to the completion of
our
task.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

We meet again on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 9 AM in the Y Community Room.  The
goals
for that meeting include:

    (1) adoption of a the BE and HAVE components of our mission statement
    (2) consideration, perhaps adoption, of the DO components,
    (3) consideration of this statement on structure.

The real goal is to complete our work as quickly as possible so that Rick
can
schedule a meeting at which we present the results of our labors to the full
membership of the Roundtable.

Thanks for being part of this effort to develop a mission statement and a
future for the Poverty Roundtable.

Justin

POVERTY ROUNDTABLE

Future Shape

The Poverty Roundtable shall be open to all who support the mission
statement.  Invitations to the first meeting will be extended through
churches and the media.  The first meeting shall be convened by the current
chair.  At the first meeting, three Convenors will be chosen by people in
attendance.

The Poverty Roundtable shall meet quarterly, and on call of the Convenors.

The Poverty Roundtable shall elect as many other officers as necessary to
qualify as a not for profit corporation under Minnesota and federal law.
The Convenors and officers shall constitute an Executive Committee,
authorized to speak and to act on behalf of the Roundtable.  The initial
officers shall constitute the Board of Directors for purposes of
incorporating the Poverty Roundtable and seeking recognition under Section
501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.

The Roundtable shall empower people to work in committees to address the
challenges of poverty in Winona.  Committees shall be open to all members of
the community.  In each case, the Convenors shall identify a committee chair
to begin the work of the Committee.  When the Committee organizes, it shall
choose its chair, who shall be recognized by the Convenors.

Send your comments to rest of the group by sending them to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]