Does anyone know of a resource that could help a young mother get
transportation for work??????????
She is a single mother of two children needing transportation for a
short period of time to get to work.  Her family is on public
assistance and was on their way off of that assistance when they
were involved in a car accident that destroyed the family car.  She
has training in Information Technology and is working part-time
temporary in the Caledonia Public School System until September.
She had applied with the school district for the full-time permanent
position but Administration required a four year degree.  She has a
Winona Tech College diploma.  She has a good possibility for a
similar job in Pine Island but is now afraid she can't consider it
because of having no transportation.  She is looking for any kind of
work right now but of course would be better offf financially if sye
could go to an IT position.  I've been her Case Manager since July
of 2001 and can vouch for her integrity and willingness to do
anything she can to become self-sufficient.  She has always been
cooperative and has done everything that was and is required of her
because of being on Assistance.  Our program funding cannot support
a car purchase so I'm asking for emergency help.
If anyone knows of a resource that might be willing to let her
borrow a car until she can find one of her own or even donate a car
to her, please call me at my home this weekend at 454-4882 or next
week at my office at 453-2937.  I could also be reached through
e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I have received her permission to give her name and phone number to
anyone who might be able to help out.
Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

Tom Kujawa
Winona WorkForce Center
1250 Homer Road
Winona, MN  55987