courtesy gb
--------------

Dear Vikram and all,

I have been subject to one or two such tete-a-tetes
earlier on. We all have (Though not to the tune of Rs
25,000!) I agree with Vikram fully that the 'sweet,
innocent' guy should file a complaint.

However, what do we do with the police? I have
experienced this too. It feels like a rape victim. The
bloody sarkari stray dogs relish it with saedistically
heady about it...

Kya kar raha tha tu uske saath?
Aisa gaand marvane ka kaam roj karte hai tum
log?Gharwaalon ko malum hai kya tu mooh me leta hai?
Kya kya kiya hai pehle? Kiske kiske saath kiya hai?
Mil gaya majaa? Saale lavde ke peechhe bhaagte rehte!

I know it reads gros. But it feels more grotesque. The
robbery apart, a new chapter in verbal sexual abuse
begins. AND YET, I will still go by what Vikram says.

I will thunder to the police that this is a robbery
first and he bloody not shift the focus. There is no
sexual activity or physical proximity even begun. So
no shitty 377 or god alone knows which archaic
decency-in-public-places thing of the Bombay Police
Act would apply.

The cops know for sure -
Murder is a crime.
Attempt to Murder is a crime.
Intention to Murder IS NOT.

And mind you, refusal to register an FIR is a crime by
itself. I can fall in the legal purview of 'abettment
to crime'. If you persist, they will do it. Gay, girl,
glutton or grocer - you are a citizen first.

And as if the police don't know what gay is all about!
So lets use the law, not as gays - but as citizens.

And a little word for our 'innocent' friend. Maybe
innocence does not permit you to combat situations,
but is surely seems to be allowing you to meet a 'ramp
model' in a single chat for gay porn CD exchange and
enthusiastically go rubber-shopping pronto!

Please, I say, please... even in your single-time
flings and one-night stands... not forget to double
check.

*Meet in public venues that are crowded and move on to
something similar (eg. coffee shops as against
deserted alleys) . People with mallified intetion
would normally not do any wrong in public view out of
consciousnes. NEVER entertain to copulate in the open.

*Never possess/acquire anything that indicates
intention for sexual activity. Definitely not in front
of a first-timer. It may be used as so-called evidence
for blackmail. A wise gay man always carries a single
pillow pack in his wallet!

(PS. Knowing people and buying condom is no longer
related. Even the chemists have ceased being dramatic
and explain features and pricing quite clinically.)

*Never let out precise information about your
financial, social well-being in the first meet. This
used as data to ascertain the ransom. Underselling
yourself works best in the gay world and even
otherwise! Also work with a psuedonym in initial
stages.

*Gather more data in a chat to read between the lines.
Now this is based quite a lot on individual
intelligence. A guy who is looking for genuine
togetherness will be ready to talk at ease, talk about
the weather and stuff and answer more than question. A
chat as predicatbe as asl-stats-role-likes-place-wanna
meet = 'beep' 'beep' beep'.

AT THE LOCATION OF FIRST MEET / CRUISE
* Do not carry valuables, money (real or plastic),
ornaments), possesions (... I mean worldly), any proof
of identity. Dress up, accesorise cheap, carry the
rubber, the fare to and fro (use hired/public
transport) and some loose minimum cash. Leave the
watch, chain, wallet. I know friend who actually has a
cheap 3310 Nokia and who changes his chip when he is
out queening!

*If people come and catch hold of you and say "What?"
reply back with a bloody confident, vile, nasty, fiery
"What the bloody hell?". This straight cut shot of
confidence is a sharp puncture for their confidence.

*Refuse to budge. Stand at the same place. No taxi, no
'chal saath', no 'dikhaata hai tujhko'. Be glued and
shameless. Bystanders, onlookers if any will doubt the
hyper them and not you. Disown the your new found love
'then and there'. Let people ask what's on. Act
victimised and say that you alone were just taking a
walk!

*Let them take all they want (Remember, you have
nothing). Answer no question straight. Be unperturbed
and cold. "Kidhar rehta hai?" - Tereko Kya. "Police Ke
Paas Chal" - Tere Ko Jaana Hai Toh Jaa, Nahi To Laa
Police Ki Gaadi Idhar Laa. "Paise De Abhi" - Mere Paas
Kuch Nahi Hai. "Kya Kaam Karta Hai" - Kuch Nahi Karta,
Bekaar Hai. Just go on...

*If they still wanna hit you or grab you or abduct you
by force - SCREAM. Scream like no queen has screamed
before. 90 per cent chance is that they will run away
for the fear of persecution. 10 per cent chances are
that you will get help. Say you are being robbed,
mugged, offerred sex, gang-raped... basically being
offended dangerously. Nothing in Mumbai works like
crowd power. Too many people ar far too frustrated,
that they are ready to bash anybody for free!

COMBAT NOT WITH FEAR BUT WITH FORCE.....

Love,

NP
===================================
Hi all,
there are two cases that I have handled that I can speak of. The first
was with our late friend Pushkin Chandra. He was being blackmailed by a
beat cop from Nehru Park in Delhi, and the cop had over two occasions
taken some money from him and was demanding more. That was when he
contacted me at Lawyers Collective where I was working then. I had
advised him to report the matter to the police but he was not willing to
do that. At that I asked him to just tell the cop to fuck off, which he
gathered courage and did. The cop did lay off him from then on and never
bothered him after that.

The second was also when I was in the Lawyers Collective. The case was
one of classic entrapment. Met over the net, called to a house where
just after the person opened his pants, 3 more men came in snapped
pictures and demanded 50000 rupees claiming that they were police. To
complicate matters the person was from a 'respectable' family and
'married with kids'. He did pay some money at the first instance and
then contacted the Lawyers Collective. As is the usual procedure he was
advised to file a police complaint, which he did not because of the
afore mentioned 2 complications. But then it was discovered that his
brother in law was a pretty high up in the Delhi Police. So a confession
was made by this gent to the bro-in-law, who arranged for a meeting of
the gent with the blackmailers to pay up, with plainclothes police in
tow. The blackmailers were picked up and 3 of the 4 were found to be
actually police men, beat constables working in cahoots with the 4th
person who trawled the chat rooms for victims. The four were taken to a
local police chowki and given a through thrashing. The bro-in-law also
made them pay the gent back all the money they had taken and imposed an
additional fine of 10000 rupees each. The blackmailers paid up because
they would otherwise have lost their jobs with the Delhi police, and
they were also 'married with kids'.

So the blackmailed went back home with a net profit of 40000 rupees. The
respectability of the family was protected, no case ever came to court,
and we the poor gay men of the world who do not have the right
brother-in-law in the right place were left in the lurch to be
blackmailed by the next entrepreneur who thought up a similar scheme.

Best regards to all,

Aditya Bondyopadhyay

www.gaybombay.info

Give the gift of life to a sick child.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lGEjbB/6WnJAA/E2hLAA/WfTolB/TM

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the
link opens

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

For Parties and events go to:
http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=
Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Archives are at