Hay dude, Welcome to India!

Unlike Western Countries, India is full of rich and poor, bold and the beautiful, serene and divine beauty. Here in India you will get to variety of people with different tastes coupled with variety of religions, casts and creed. You can dwell easily in any of the finest hotels which are located almost in all major and famous cities in India. There are plenty of places to visit from North end to the southern end, and from east to west.

To begin with, I must suggest that you ought to travel by Air or by Private Rented Cab and carry your own food and water (Unless you are in your luxury Hotel)

You can stay in Mumbai which is the Financial Capital of India and has got access to each and every destination in India and Abroad mostly by Rail, Air and by roads. There are quiet a few local Airlines which can make your travel comfortable and affordable too. To name a few, according to their rankings, we have

Jet Air Ways – http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/en-US/HomePage.htm

Air Sahara - http://203.199.70.135/airsahara/index.jsp

Kingfisher Airlines – http://www.flykingfisher.com/

Indian Airlines -  http://indian-airlines.nic.in/scripts/index.asp

Air India Express - http://www.airindiaexpress.in/airindiaexpress/Support.asp

Air Deccan - http://www.airdeccan.net/airdeccan/home.asp

SpiceJet - http://www.spicejet.com/

Following Sites can very useful:

http://www.journeymart.com/dexplorer/asiais/india/default.asp

http://www.india-tourism.com/

To name a few:

The places you can visit in West of India are as follows:

1] Mumbai (Financial Capital) which is the host city for all major events, films, star attractions, Airports, Financial Institutions, Temples, Beaches, Pubs and night life.

2] Goa -  The Finest Destination in India for Beach Lovers. http://www.amchogoa.com/

The places you can visit in South of India are as follows:

1] Bangalore – The IT Capital of India

2] Kerala – The famous destination for exotic landscapes, coconut trees, sea shores and Spas. http://www.kerala.gov.in/

3] Ooty – Famous Hill Station

4] KanyaKumari – The southern end of India which is closely connected to Srilanka which is famous for SWAMI VIVEKANANDA ROCK MEMORIAL      http://www.kanyakumari.tn.nic.in/ and http://www.kanyakumari.com/local.htm

The places you can visit in North of India are as follows:

1] New Delhi – Capital of India

2] Jammu and Kashmir – You must have visited many tourist spots in US, Canada, Central Europe but Kashmir is unique and is known as Heaven on Earth. Kashmir offers richness of culture, beauty, hospitality and picnic spots for mind and body relaxation

3] Rajasthan – This city is famous for its Famous Castles, Beautifully decorated ancient palaces, The cities like Jaipur and Udaypur will hold you for days and weeks for their eternal beauty and eye catching spots.

4] Agra - Where you get to see our Grand Special and Big Taj Mahal made up of Marble Stone and each and every person who has ever fallen in love at some point of time in his life, must must must visit Taj Mahal.

The places you can visit in East of India are as follows:

1] Andaman and Nicobar Islands – These islands and very famous picnic spots for tourists as well actors and actresses for their shooting and outings.

2] Orissa – Famous for its temples and clothing accessories.

There are lot of places to visit but I could name very few. I hope this info. Is very useful and you will be able to make best out of it. I hope your stay in India brings you joy, happiness and comfort at economical price. We welcome you to have a memorable stay in INDIA. If you need any help feel free to mail anyone of us, and we would be glad to help you out. I have attached few contact numbers in case you plane to have a base at Mumbai. These numbers will be very useful to you.

IMPORTANT SERVICES

Police 100

Ambulance 102

Police Control Room 2620111 /2151855

Traffic Control 4927238

Water 3766294

Home Guard 2424423

Weather Enquiry 2151606

Bombay University 2652825 / 2652822

Bombay University Kalina 6120841

Maharashtra State Board of Secondary 4093473

& Higher Education 4093481

Doordarshan 4934672

All India Radio 2026242 /2024533

Cancer Association of India 3077812

Passport Office 4931713

Bombay High Court 2773466

City Civil Court 2844134

Session Court 244134

Small Causes Court 2088749

Mantralaya 2024243

Stock Exchange 2028121

Collector of Bombay 2661231

Income Tax Office 2039131

Homes for Aged & Holy Men Meris Homes 3071346

Asha Daan 3097700

Little Sister of the Poor Home For Aged 8324234

Cardinal Gracios Destitutes Home 6492994

St. Anthony's Home for Aged 6424046

Shepherd Widows Home 3088726

Railway Enquiry (W.R.)

 General 131

Railway Enquiry (C.R.)

 General 134

Railway Enquiry (W.R.) 24 Hours

 Reservation 2095959

Railway Enquiry (C.R.)

 Reservation 135

Railway Enquiry (W.R.)

 Timing 133

Railway Enquiry (C.R.)

 Timing 136

Railway Enquiry (C.R.)

 C.S.T.(V.T.) 2659500

Railway Enquiry (C.R.)

 Dadar 4114836 /4224161

Railway Enquiry (W.R.)

 Mumbai-Central 3073535 /3071425

Railway Enquiry (W.R.)

 Dadar 4224161

Railway Enquiry (W.R.)

 Bandra 6421920

Railway Enquiry (C.R.)

 Kurla 5142267

Thane Station Master 5331143

Railway Police

 W.R. 2039800

Railway Police

 C.R. 4150620

Railway Control Room 3081725

Gas Leakage 4121640 / 4128298

Traffic Exchange 4927290 / 4927296

Indian Airlines

 Enquiry 6129534 /6153481

Mumbai Telephones

 Assistance 199

Mumbai Telephones

 Complaint 198

Mumbai Telephones

 Directory Enquiry 1951-2-3 / 197

Mumbai Telephones

 Alarm 173

Mumbai Telephones

 Time 174

Mumbai Telephones

 Spl. Emmigrations 176

Mumbai Telephones

 Trunk Call Bkg. 180

ASK ME 2616666 /2656666

MTNL: It is a life and death situation and your telephone is 'dead'.

Dial the MTNL HOT LINE 4308070

This information is accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, such information changes often and we would appreciate it if you could inform us if you see any outdated phone numbers or train schedules or any no. which is not correct. Note:The information provided in the following pages is correct to the best of our knowledge. It is however subject to changes in the course of time. It is therefore advisable to first ascertain with proper authorities/

offices when the need arises. As always, we would love to hear from you.

Walnut

ethan94109 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm American from San Francisco, California.  This is my first
time....Can anyone tell me where I should go?  I'm coming alone for
holiday and am not sure what I would want to see.  Need some help.
depends on  your agenda. lot to see/feel and experience in india

moderator

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]