Hurrrrrrrayyyyyyyy..that's really cool Vikram.
Thanks for that.

Wal

Vikram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...sorry, quick and annoying break before the envelope is opened. But
no one will pay attention to this after so here it is:

GB is very happy to announce that it WILL be having a New Year's
party this year and believe me, there was nothing very certain about
this. As I detailed in my earlier mail there are very substantial
problems to having a party this year and moreover we were crippled by
the fact that Dee, our matchless party organiser, was severely
hampered by personal problems this year and unable to focus entirely
on organisation.

This is partly the reason why I'm afraid that the many suggestions
for venues that have come recently were not likely to work out. Going
ahead with any of them would have needed substantial time to be spent
in negotiation and working out and we just didn't have that.

Also, even if we had I must say that we probably still would have
doubts about having a party as large and complicated as the New
Year's in an entirely new venue. The problems we faced at Chat Masala
last year reminded us that GB parties aren't that easy to organise
and we really need to work with managements a couple of times to get
them right. It wasn't impossible, but we were wary.

(In passing, I want to say rather peevishly that I wish people had
given us these options a little earlier. Right through this year I've
been requesting people to give us options for party venues, because
we always need new ones and it takes time to set one up for a party.
These suggestions where viable - and some were not, I mean give me a
break guys, did someone seriously suggest Andheri Sports
Complex?!!!! - needed time and we didn't have that. But we will make
a note of them for future GB parties in the coming year).

Anyway, problems, problems, who wants to here so much about them. The
main thing is that Dee has made heroic efforts and they have paid
off. We now have a party venue that is good, known to us and falls -
just - within the ceiling we had set for possible price. And that
venue is (roll of trumpets).... Karma!

For those who've never been for one of our Karma parties, it's a club
at (Girgaum) Chowpatty, close to Charni Road and Grant Road stations,
its one of the few places we get on Saturdays and perhaps for that
reason we've always had good parties there. We did have problems
earlier with a nervous management that used to shoo us out before
1.30, but those guys have changed, and the new bunch is better to
deal with.

OK, I know what someone out there is thinking - Karma? Space? Are we
all going to suffocate? Well, here's the good news. For those who
know the place, you've seen how the same building has a big showroom
that opens out on the side of the corridor opposite Karma. That whole
space will be given to us so effectively we have the whole ground
floor of that building for the New Year's party. The showroom area
will be the food and lounge area, while the whole of Karma proper
will the dance floor. There will be a bar in both areas.

Now for the nasty part. I said it was going to be at the upper limit
of what we felt was acceptable and it is - Rs1,500/- per head. OK,
smelling salts please for all the queens who have fainted and when
they have recovered, please note that for this we will get:

- Unlimited booze and soft drinks
- Dinner (menu attached below)
- A great place to party - and on this night up to 4.00 am!

So guys (and girls too, everyone welcome) we're not happy at this
huge jump in price and we are well aware that its going to be a hit
for many younger guys in particular. But I've told you our problems,
I'll be be happy to answer any queries or cribs or suggestions that
people have (mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]), and you have our assurance
that we will do our best to give you a really great party this year.

Hope to see you on the night!

Vikram

Menu:

Veg Starters: Bruschetta, Kalamiri Paneer Tikka

Non Veg Starters: Reshmi Kebabs, Spicy Chicken Wantons

Veg Main Course: Veg Thai Red Curry, Vegetable Lasagne

Non Veg Main Course: Chicken Thai Green Curry, Grilled Chicken in Red
Wine Jus

Salads:  Fatoosh, Russian Salad

Accompaniments: Bread Rolls, Steamed Rice

Desserts Assorted: Cheese Cakes, Apple Pie

http://mail.yahoo.com

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]