dude,

I have read your email. And I was there at hamsafar meet on 8th. But can u plz. tell me...when you talk of openness...and not getting afraid of the consequences....why the hell have you not disclosed your name in your email...and just mentioned it as MtnG.

Now what does
MtnG mean to the GB group members who have not even seen u in their life time!

So lets not discuss who should attend and who should not attend such meets....You attended the meet as a silent spectator, wrote a 2 page long appreciable email... but u kept ur name undisclosed!! and many preferred to sit at home and notice whats happening in and around the city where they live...its as simple as that.

So just chill out now.

Walnut

mountain_goat9 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      Before I start this discussion let me ask you guys some
questions. How many of you made it to the GB New Year's party? …
Good!  And how many of you attended any of the GB parties, functions
or movies? … I'm impressed!

      Nevertheless the meeting at The Humsafar Trust on the 8th of
January '06 was far less then impressive in the strength of people
who attended. Why? Was it because there was no dance? Or was it
because there were no drinks served free? Or was it because it was
about some fellow GAY men arrest in ANOTHER city, why would we care?
We don't even know them WHY BOTHER? How would our presence in the
summit affect or help? I am enjoying my life flirting in public
bogs – why care?

      Its is utterly shameful for us as a community as homosexuals
as well as members of GB group who in the same week flaunted  being
one of the largest gay groups in the WORLD that a message for a
meeting of arrest of 4 men in lucknow could attract just a handful
of gay men and women. We may not be able to give our expert
suggestions or it wasn't even compulsory – "if you are a part of the
meeting you must speak" but at least you could have graced the
ambience of The Humsafar Trust with your presence and shown a
gesture of support just by being there.

Did you know that a lot of highly qualified people in humsafar, GB,
and other organizations are putting their careers at stake and
personal aspirations aside just for YOU? A lot of feebly qualified
outreach workers are spreading the awareness and truly proving
themselves more LITERATE than all of us! So that you can live a life
in peace and dignity!

      I'm sorry if I said something that hurt your feelings. I'm
really sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you guy. But just put
yourself in the places of those men arrested and their families -
parents/spouses/children being publicly humiliated while they are
helplessly behind bars. Wouldn't you expect some support in such
plight? Some help? Or at least a kind gesture from the community?

Note:
      1. I'm open to any criticism.
      2. I'm not directly associated with Humsafar or GB at the
moment.
        3. And I was a silent spectator at this meeting.

I really feel for the fact that a handful is taking responsibility
of the masses and the masses just don't care, even within the
community! How can we sensitize the general public and the press if
we within the community are so indifferent?

      I would like to congratulate GB on being one of the largest
gay groups in the world! But lets make the world feel OUR strength
in size by supporting PEACFULLY what is RIGHT and not just STRAIGHT.

Love and Regards,
MtnG.

Yahoo! Photos

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]