Salil,

  I completely agree with you here.

  Walnut

Salil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Vikram,

While I appreciate the other information and  points of view in your mail, is
it really necessary to sit in judgement  over Sumeet's mail and get annoyed
with it publicly - does it not run  counter to the central purpose of  having a
safe space ?

I  don't see what is annoying about Sumeet's message - he uses the slang
gayism - one may rant all one wants - but it happens to be slang in the  indian
gay community - if you had instead educated him about why its  not a good idea
to use the suffix "ism", that would be constructive. As  things stand, you end
up sounding like a dowdy grammar teacher and  sumeet will continue to say
gayism :)

Its also difficult to  understand why one should be annoyed with Sumeet because
he is scared  of the Shiv Sena and overestimates its influence. I appreciate
the hard  facts you have thrown in about the Sena angle - but why get
hysterical  and suspect that his simple fear is a mask for a supposed mental
struggle with exploring his sexuality, and worst of all, why allege  that he
"pretends" to be afraid - he may really be afraid, in which  case getting
annoyed is of frankly no use to anyone !

Cheers
Salil

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html