Wow! So parties now become the barometer of emancipation. You become capital
asset, if not the capital city, simply by way of how many nights a month you
can swig and shake! The caveat of your ability to pay your way through all of
this, lest you be 'less than gay' notwithstanding.

Being the gent that organised the first 5 gay parties (paid and with mass
participation) in Delhi, and also being the gent who has assiduously refused to
go to parties (other than the Pride fundraisers) in the last 8 years, I now
feel almost scared of this overkill, and a little like Dr Frakenstein.!!

I rally dont know, and the feeling is real. The BF feels worthless unless there
are 4 nightouts a week. The few times I do step into the disc, the memory of
having to kiss Priya Paul's xxx to get one night a week at 'someplace else'
rushes in with the background score of music that bangs away inside my head 3
days after the show is over. It's pure noise, but most around me have no sense
of this being a space, that had to be earned with some sacrifice, and kept with
some tenacity. No wonder the music do not bother them either, the level of
ethanol in their blood takes care of that.

And then what about the language that one should speak. The gap between the
party-haves and the party-have-nots is too great for my etimological prowess to
bridge. And mutely therefore I have to stand aside and observe the party haves
create a gay capital out of swigs and swirls, where the have nots have the most
need and the least resource to capture real change in their lives. My work
gives me empirical proof of that, but who would I speak with. Fun-times and
sob-stories do not mix. Alcohol is rarely good for either common sense or
empathy.

Who knows, maybe I really do not belong any more.

With best regards, yours sincerely,
Aditya Bondyopadhyay
-:(Sent from my Nokia-E63):-

-x-