Hello,

I am Ankesh Pandey, a 3rd year Computer Science Undergraduate.

I am interested in contributing for the following projects:

   1.

   Unicode support: Our Lexer and AST do not support Unicode strings and
   identifiers, which we need to be a Rust compiler. The project will require
   a student to work mostly in the Lexer and AST but the changes here will
   ripple all the way through our HIR and code-generation passes. For example,
   in implementing Unicode support, it will make sense to ensure we improve
   location info, so instead of simply passing around Unicode strings in the
   IR's we should create a unique string data structure which also contains
   location info to improve our error diagnostics and debug
information. *Difficulty:
   Hard Size: 350 hours (large) Mentors: Arthur and/or Philip*
   2.

   Improving user errors: We recently merged code enabling the Rust
   frontend to emit error codes similarly to rustc. We'd like for gccrs to be
   able to emit the same errors codes as rustc, in order to help bridge the
   gap between our two testsuites and enable us to eventually run the rustc
   one. The student will have to research rustc error codes, their various
   guarantees, and emit them throughout the frontend code. We would also like
   the code responsible for emitting errors to get more fleshed out and allow
   more functionality. Finally, this will also be a good project to start
   looking at a better user experience for gccrs: emitting more errors, in
   more places, with more hints to the users about ways to fix the
code. *Difficulty:
   Medium Size: 175 (medium) Mentors: Arthur and/or Philip*

I am really good at C, C++ and have decent experience working with FLEX and
YACC and hence would be an appropriate candidate for the same.

It would be great if you can give me insights on how I can formalize my
proposal for GSoC 2023.

Hoping to contribute to the organization through GSoC 2023.

Thank you.

--
The information contained in this electronic communication is intended
solely for the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed. It may