On 6/18/07, Sebastian Pop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/18/07, Dorit Nuzman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I can hand you more than the testcases i've given so far.  There is
> > tons of code out there that would  benefit from straight line
>
> Interesting. I wasn't aware of this potential. Please do send some of this
> code. thanks!

I'm thinking about loops whose bodies contain a call that is not
inlined, so the code in that function looks like stright line code,
but in fact is called from inside a loop.  This could happen even
because the compiler decided to outline the body of some loop, as
the case for the openMP code gen, or autoparallelization.

This is in fact, most of the code i will send to dorit.

It is, IMHO, not reasonable, to say that we should inline everything
that may ever turn out to be vectorizable :)

If you throw virtual functions into the mix, it may not even be possible ;)