On 6/18/07, Richard Kenner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > you have the fields A and C conflicting, which is wrong.
>
> Well, that is where structure-field aliasing comes in.  The two cannot
> even alias for addressable fields:

At tree level I'll take your word for it, but what about RTL level?
Is that nonconflicting status passed to RTL?  What *is* the problem
with just using the parent alias set?

At the RTL level, nothing.
If you ever wanted to make the RTL level do *better* than it does now,
you'd run into the same problem the tree level does.

I continue to strongly feel that the field type shouldn't be used
for ANYTHING!

Then you will continue to get worse code generation than you could, in
addition to bugs like we have now.

HTH,
Dan