Thank you, I guess I missed that page somehow.

Only I ran into the same Libc wall again, so I'm temporarily stumped:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libc.so when searching
for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libc.a when searching for
-lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libc.so when searching
for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libc.a when searching for
-lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You might want to make sure you're passing the same configure options that the distro did when building. It might cause some incompatibility somewhere that ld is detecting. From a quick look it seems that ld believes that the libc that you have doesn't match the gcc that you're building. (i.e. the bfd arch is incompatible).

-eric