Tyler Erickson wrote:
I have been trying to use gdal_polygonize to convert a TIF to an ESRI
Shapefile, but it seems to be losing the projection information (i.e. no
*.prj file is created). The following output illustrates the loss of projection information. I'm currently using gdal trunk revision 15512.

Any suggestions on how to keep the projection info?

Tyler,

This was a problem with the gdal_polygonize.py script.  I have modified it
to preserve the coordinate system when creating an output file in subversion.

http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/swig/python/scripts/gdal_polygonize.py

Best regards,