Le 18/04/2024 à 23:54, Andrew C Aitchison via gdal-dev a écrit :
On Thu, 18 Apr 2024, Even Rouault via gdal-dev wrote:

I'm proposing in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9693 that we add a CI "stale" workflow for pull requests without activity. It is mostly a copy&paste from QGIS similar workflow with the following changes: - restrict the scope to pull requests only and not tickets (although we could potentially also do that for tickets that are in the "awaiting feedback" state) - increase the period to tag a pull request as "stale" to 28 days without activity. The stale bot adds a message in the PR explaining that, and that they have an extra delay of 14 days to make it progress, otherwise it will be automatically closed. So basically a PR without activity for 6 weeks will be automatically closed. I think this is a fair delay.

The rationale for that is that it makes the cognitive load of PR reviewers lower by avoiding to have to read repeatedly a list of stale PRs, and it also encourages contributors to either make their work progress towards completion (or just make them realize that they don't have the bandwidth or motivation to make it further progress, which is also fine).

I assume this is for PRs awaiting response from the requester,
not PRs awaiting a response from a reviewer ?

I don't believe the bot can understand that subtlety. At least that's a way for the submitter to remember to ping for submitters to give a review

--
http://www.spatialys.com