Hi Nathan,

My initial suspicion might just be that the scaling the data provider did
to go from the raw data to a human-eye-friendly RGB composite isn't the
conversion you're assuming.

I know that with the data I regularly work with, it may be provided as
Uint16, but the data range doesn't extend all the way to 65535.

If you compare the values in the separate R and G images to the RGB
composite, do they appear to match the conversion you're assuming, or is
there a different scaling (and possibly offset)?

Cheers,
Daniel