hi,

I am using the gdb to debug Linux kernel module on x86-64 bit with a patched
kernel (kgdb). Everything works fine for the kernel itself, I can break on
any functions, and see the sources. But, I can't break on the symbols in the
kernel module after it is loaded. I used the "add-symbol-files" to add the
sections for that loadable module.

The same setup works fine for 32bit and I even can see the symbols/sources
by running gdb directly against the 64bit .ko file.

Any suggestions? I am struggling with this question for a long time.

Thanks,
Neo

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!