I came home from work this evening and I found rivulets of blood on the basking rock for my spider geckos. Here is a link to the pic.

It was accompanied by a healthy male gecko and a very large blob of feces (little urates). I melted the feces in a glass ash tray and it was mostly pure sand.

I've soaked him in a sugar solution in the sink and he looked decent. After cleaning his cloacal area it turns out there are 2 slightly protuding red blobs. I assume these are hemipenes.

If it wasn't for the blood I wouldn't worry too much but is this a common thing? I know everted hemipenes happens but with so much blood? Anyway, I'll head to the vet tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike