Subj: [gecko]Geckos and crickets
Date: 10/31/03 8:24:55 AM Pacific Standard Time
From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stacy Foster)
Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK...question for you all.

I've been in reptiles for 15 years however am fairly new to cricket
eating animals.  I have finally established my leopard gecko colony and
have decided to change over from 8 dozen crickets a week from Petco to
500 delivered via the mail.  When I received them, I dumped the 500 in a
55 gallon tank along with egg cartons to hide in and food and a watering
system.

Then I thought...now what?  How am I supposed to catch the 8 dozen I need
a week for feeding?

So...I've decided to stay with the Petco system for now...however, I
still have these 500 crickets to deal with.

Therefore...I've decided to take about a half dozen of my really good
eating youngsters and put them in the tank and just let them gorge.  Of
course I would never do this with mice/rats and snakes which I've dealt
with in the past, but does anyone see any concern with this idea?

Thanks...I appreciate the advice.

--Stacy