Hi Dana,

I don't know the exact interval - you usually don't see healthy geckos shed. Younger geckos shed more often than older ones because of their growth rate. The only thing about shedding you need to worry about is if it does not go well - this is usually indicative the gecko has a health problem and is too weak to complete the shedding process by themself. It is rarely lack of humidity that causes that situation.

Julie B.

Dana wrote:

Hi -
I just recently got my first Giant Day Gecko and he shed successfully yesterday. I'm wondering how often this species sheds its skin - if there is a rough interval or none at all.
- Thanks,
Dana