I caught a picture of my adult male R. ciliatus in sort of that position... I don't think he had the Vampire arms crossed thing going on, but he was definitely hanging upside-down by just his hind feet. Very cute.

Rick

----Original Message Follows---- From: Julie Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [gecko]Amusing R. ciliatus baby Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:12:51 -0800

LOL! I have seen U. phantasticus doing this position (without the advantage of a prehensile tail, of course!). They look like part of a plant when they do that!

Julie B.

Melody Hartley wrote:

Hi all,

I had a couple crested geckos hatch a few ago.  I'd moved them to the
plastic boxes with "silk" plants that I use for raising babies.  One
evening I found one of the babies in an amusing position -- hanging by
its tail and back legs, with its front feet folded over its tummy!  It
looked like some sort of tiny monkey, and sort of -- dignified -- like a
little old man!  Unfortunately I could not get a picture without moving
the box, and that made the gecko go for a better hold on the plant.

Just thought I'd share!

Melody