WOW, that is so cool.  I only keep R. l. leachianus and Tarentola d. gigas as of now, although i'm getting a pair of cresteds and a strophurus c. ciliaris soon!  thanks for the warm welcome, i hope to learn a lot from this list!

Brandon
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [gecko]new Member of the GGA

Hi Brandon,

I have been working with geckos for over 20 years. I now work with about 50+ species, many Phelsuma (Day Geckos, my favorite), Leopards (Tangerines, Jungles and hypos are my favorites), miscellaneous geckos from Madagascar (Pareodura picta (pictus) and  Pareodura androyensis, two great ground geckos; Uroplatus phantasticus and U. ebenaui (cool small nocturnal gex), and some great New Caledonians  (Rhacodactylus ciliatus, R.  leachianus  (Grande Terre and Pine Island forms) amd R. ariculatus. I also like the Namib Desert geckos; I work with Chondrodactylus angulifer angulifer and C. angulifer namibensis. I also have worked with Webfoots, Palmatogecko rangei, who also live in that desert. I would really like to work with Ptenopus, the barking gecko that lives there. They are hard to get though. I have Teratoscincus (T. roborowski and T. keyserlingi), some Ptychozoon kuhli (Fan-foots), Oedura (O. castelnaui and O. monilis) and a great small guy from Africa, Pachydactylus tigrinis. I also am a sucker for any Coleonyx and have many (C. variegatus, C. variegatus bogerti, C. brevis, C. elegans and C. mitratus).

Some monsters I have are Gehyra vorax. I have a pair that is supposed to be from New Guinea. The female has figured out how to escape the cage - the male has not (LOL!). I keep finding the female in different interesting places in the gecko room. I have an open giant tub of leopards on the floor. One week she decided to hang out with them and stayed with them in their hidebox! I think she does not know what she is! A week or so ago I found her with the male again, then gone again! This week she is on the Pareodura picta shelf. I wonder what they think! ;)

 I like 'em big, small and medium. Don't care what size! The small guys have their own charm and I am glad over the years more folks are seeing that.  If you wonder what these guys look like go to the GGA photos, most of them are pictured there.

Welcome to our world!!!!!!!!

Julie Bergman
www.geckoranch.com
GGA lifetime member

Brandon Macy wrote:
Hello,

My name is brandon.  I am new to this list and new to the GGA.  My main interests are in Rhacodactylus and Strophurus.
What do the rest of you keep?
How long will it be until i get one of the bi-annual magizines or newsletters?  Also, I want to order some back issues, but i get no reply from the "bookstore", is there a number i can call that anyone knows of?

Thanks!

Brandon