I'm sure we've all read about leucistic geckos, particularly in leopards. When the
blizzards
first came out, they were thought to be true leucistics, but now there's rumblings
that they
aren't. I'm really curious if there's an 'official' verdict out yet.

Going by what I've been told, leucism is defined as white skinned, no other pigments
and is
commonly confused with albinism.  THe way I udnerstand it, leucistic leos should have
blue or
slightly darker eyes, and no other body colours other than white, and white nails?
Since
blizzards come can have black spots or be entirely black (midnight), yellow/cream and
some even
have orange on their tails, it should then rule them out as true leucistic geckos,
shouldn't it?

While we're at it, if leucistic means white, how did the patternless end up being
labelled as
leucistic?

Hilde