Hi Dana,

I don't think that will be a problem. My leos spend much of their time in their moist layboxes, it is certainly at least that moist in there! What sort of heat source are you using? I think an overhead reflector lamp would be perfect in a room on the humid side.

My leos are in the same room as my day geckos.

Julie B.

Dana wrote:

Hi -

I just got a juvenile leopard gecko yesterday. I have read numerous care sheets and a book, and while most have indicated that humidity won't hurt leopards one said that higher humidity can be problematic for leopards. I have a room in which I am keeping a giant day gecko and a crested and the room is usually between 64-70% humidity. Would that room be appropriate for the leopard gecko or should we keep him in another room (we have him in a different room from the others at the moment)?

- Thanks,
Dana