I had a dwarf last season. She wasn't eating so I had to feed her Ensure out of an eyedropper twice a day. As of a couple of weeks ago, she hadn't grown much bigger than when she hatched, although she was eating mealworms on her own. Being mistakenly housed with two other babies who grew normally may have contributed to the problem, however. I guess that dwarfs and all hatchlings should be housed individually to avoid competition for food and territory.

When she hatched, there was some kind of mass (not yolk) occupying half of the egg.