Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [gecko]how do I quarantine LTC U. ebenaui

Hi Mike,

I've been through this many times.
If you can identify the problem soon enough, there is a reasonable chance you
can treat it. Many of my breeders had to be debugged when I got them.
For now, offer only one or two crickets as smaller meals are less likely to be
regurgitated. If they don't eat within a couple days, assist feeding crushed insects
and supplements with a dropper might be a good idea. Force feeding is very stressful
and is not often a good idea.

Neil

Thanks, Neil. I wasn't given an exact length of time the gecko has been captive. When I got it I mistakenly thought it was a CB gecko since the breeder does have groups of breeding U. phantasticus.

My vet appointment is for Friday. Fecal samples went out today. I was able to collect another one this morning. I hope it was fresh enough.

I will try your quarantine method. I don't know where to get brown paper towels but I suppose I could swipe a few from a public bathroom ;o)

Thanks again.

Mike