How could you call it anything but abusive?
Regards,
red-eye

At 11:07 AM 5/26/2005, you wrote:
Dana,

Certainly some good thoughts. Let's hear from the rest of you gexers!

Julie B.

Dana wrote:

Hi Julie -
I agree with you that this isn't cool at all - it seems to me to be a case of animal cruelty. It also seems to me (from observing how people think about reptiles) that most often people don't think so much about reptiles being fearful, nor do they worry so much about animal cruelty issues with reptiles - reptiles are often treated as an extreme "other" animal in a way that people wouldn't think about or treat cats and dogs and other mammals. Most people seem to be afraid of reptiles and think they are aggressive rather than fearful. It is unfortunate that a TV show can perpetuate people's fears and put animals in an extremely stressful situation. It would be nice to make people more aware of this as an issue, since a lot of people watching the show were probably unaware of how afraid the geckos and the snakes probably were. A letter signed on behalf of all GGA members to the network responsible (NBC?) might have some effect. Any other thoughts?

Dana
Dana Chyung
Providence, RI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]