You're most welcome Chris!  I'm glad that my suggestion helped out your
gecko.  Good to hear that the skin remaining is only on her toe pads and does
not
encircle the entire toe.

What about trying the humidity box again? Then after five or so hours you
might take something like a dry washcloth and very gently rub her affected toe
pads OR return her to her original habitat.  Is there something a little rough
in her cage like a rock for her to walk upon?  However, my guess is that if the
humidity is adequate the excess toe pad skin might wear off on it's own.

As you know, the gecko's ability to climb is dependent upon "clean" toepads.

Just curious, was it warm enough for you to see water condensation on the
sides of your humidity box?  Any recent changes to your tank or other husbandry
methods which might be affecting your gecko's health enough to have made this
shed a difficult one?

Another Seattle geckophile!  I can't believe it :-}  I really know of only
one other in Seattle.  That does not count the folks who have geckos now and
then.  But, hey, that's where it all begins.

Elizabeth

> Subj:[gecko]Bad Shed, Part II
> Date:12/30/06 8:11:09 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris Schweitzer)
> Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To:    gecko@lists.gekkota.com
>
>     Thank you, Elizabeth, for the humidity box suggestion.  I put her in
> there for about 5 hours today.  I have managed to remove all the old
> skin except for the pads on the underside of some of the digits.  There
> is no old skin completely encircling any of the digits, so I am not too
> concerned about any constriction issues, but I am very hesitant to pick
> at the foot pads with tweezers, so I think I will leave it be unless I
> see any further problems developing.  Guess I'll keep the humidity extra
> high for a while, as you know here in Seattle that's not too difficult.
> ;-)   Thanks again,

Seattle Geckos for all Seasons

          l                       l                        l
   ^^  /..\              ^^  /..\  ^^           ^^  /..\  ^^
        l  l   ^^              llll                      \\\
        l  l                    llll                      ///
        l  l                    llll                      \\\
        l  l  ~~              llll                      ///
      lappert(a)               robert(a)                    hubert(a)
       17.50 yo                    r.i.p.                            r.i.p.

                        (All Lepidodactylus lugubris!)