Jessica ~

By the way, does Carrots have her own digs?  That might be a good idea to
eliminate any competition for food since she is the smallest.

Elizabeth

> Subj:Re: [gecko]re: speaking of gout...
> Date:8/23/07 12:44:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To:    gecko@lists.gekkota.com
>
> Jessica ~
>
> I am saddened to hear that Peanut passed away.  Do you know how old he was?
> May your little friend rest in peace.
>
> I hope that you have gotten to Carrots' issues in time.  What type of food
> are you using for the syringe feeding?  Apparently Carrots is tolerating
> those?
>
> Just curious to hear what type of fish flakes you had been gutloading with.
> For part of my gutload for the older crickets I used to add TetraMin
> Tropical Fish Flakes, The Rich Mix, sometimes.  When my male leopard gecko
> Rocky
> died gout consumed his body.  He still maintained a "healthy" weight.  The
> fish
> flakes were the only dietary thing I could trace a problem to.  Earlier I did
> have a flying gecko die from stress and also from gout ("fatty liver
> disease").  At that time I was sometimes using puppy, kitten, dog, and cat
> food
> samples as a sometimes partial gutload for the crickets.  Never do that
> either!!
> The samples ranged from 16%-21% minimum crude fat and the TetraMin has 8%
> min crude fat and 46% min crude protein.  I have ceased doing both those
> things
> and now use Fluker Farms' High-Calcium Cricket Food, alfalfa hay (Hay-Kob),
> and oatmeal.  Occasionally I'll add collard greens, carrots, zucchini.
>
> Perhaps some geckos are more susceptible to gout than others.  But,
> definitely, they are what they eat.
>
> I appreciate you keeping the List informed.
>
> Elizabeth
>

> >> Subj:[gecko]re: speaking of gout...
>> Date:8/22/07 10:16:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>> From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (argente)
>> Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> To:    gecko@lists.gekkota.com
>>
>> Hi Elizabeth,
>>
>> Peanut didn't make it - he passed away last week, hopefully in his sleep.
>> The vet is performing a necropsy but I won't have any answers from that for
>> another week or so.  Three of the girls are behaving normally and eating
>> well.  I'm still worried about my other girl Carrots though.  She has always
>> been the quiet littlest one and her tail has gotten pretty skinny.  I've
>> been
>> syringe feeding her since she shows no interest in worms or crickets and am
>> waiting to hear back from the vet on her blood work.  I really hope that
>> we've caught whatever it is in time to get her healthy.  Thanks for your
>> concern.
>>
>> -Jessica

>>> How are you and Peanut doing?  Have you heard other particulars from the
>>> vet?
>>> I am sorry about Peanut's gout.  I don't know whether that is a one way
> [...]

Elizabeth
~~~geckos make my heart sing (and dance)~~~

          l                       l                        l
   ^^  /..\              ^^  /..\  ^^           ^^  /..\  ^^
        l  l   ^^              llll                      \\\
        l  l                    llll                      ///
        l  l                    llll                      \\\
        l  l  ~~              llll                      ///
      lappert(a)               robert(a)                    hubert(a)
       17.50 yo                    r.i.p.                            r.i.p.

                        (All Lepidodactylus lugubris!)

<BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Get a sneak peek of the
all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>