Thanks so much Ron!! Shipping date is not determined yet - this was part of the info I was collecting to decide when to ship. It won't be soon -- Phoenix is over 100F today! I was concerned that by the time Phoenix was cool enough, the midwest would be too cold ;-) Southern California is much more workable!
Melody

On 10/1/2010 2:52 PM, Ronald Van Heest wrote:
Melody,
I work for UPS. If your animals dont go directly to Phoenix, I believe they will go to southern California. The west coast next day air gets sorted in Los Angeles. I'm pretty sure they wont be going to Kentucky. Are you shipping today (Friday) or Monday? We do deliver Saturday air (make sure the long orange sticker is visible).
>>Ron Van Heest

-----Original Message-----
From: Melody Hartley <mhart...@ix.netcom.com>
To: Gecko List <gecko@lists.gekkota.com>
Sent: Fri, Oct 1, 2010 2:24 pm
Subject: [gecko]Anyone shipped to/from Phoenix?

Hi all,

I am planning to ship some animals from Portland to Phoenix via UPS
Next-day Air. Due to Homeland Security, UPS can't tell me what hub they
will go through (%$#...@!!) which is information that I need to determine if the
temperatures are within tolerable ranges. So has anyone shipped to
Phoenix from Washington, Oregon, or even California (or vice versa) via UPS?
The routing info usually shows up on the tracking information.

Thanks,
Melody