On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Russell Shaw wrote:
If you fill the package with PDFs, it'll get rejected or repackaged
by any decent Debian maintainer to have a separate documentation package.
With the current build problems, it's lucky to be accepted into any
distribution at all.

This is an interesting and valid point.  I didn't think about that.

The solution is that the .deb packages submitted to the Debian project
won't have .pdfs in them.   However, any packages living on the gEDA
project's webpage can have whatever we want in them (as long as it is
not illegal).  The same holds true for any other project's packages.

I realize that it then becomes a problem for the Debian packager to
strip out the .pdfs.  One might have a debian-dist
target in the Makefile to deal with this.

Stuart