On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:13:07 +0200, MB wrote:

> hello,
> I had the idea of creating a new Geeqie logo. Attached is the first
> idea, that could be further developed... or abandoned.
>
> The first two ees were meant to indicate that it's a viewer, and even
> that it is capable of displaying stereoscopic images. The eye-styled e
> itself could be an icon.
>
> any opinions and suggestions welcomed!

It looks more like Gooqie than Geeqie. Perhaps even Gööqie.

I'd favour a logo that didn't contain the letters of the name "Geeqie" at
all. A small picture with informative value and (if possible) recognition
value. If displayed in a list of app icons, user would immediately assume
that it's an image viewer. Which is why a "picture with a magnifying-glass"
is a good choice for an image viewer app icon (like Eye of GNOME).

The idea with two eyes (or eye-balls) goes into the right direction.
The geeqie_logo_02_icon.png doesn't resemble a single eye or 'e', however.