Hi,

Am So den 17. Jan 2016 um 19:08 schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 09:26:50 +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
>
> > But this bug also shows something else. Currently there are bug reports
> > on several platforms:
> > - - Sourceforge, which sucks
> > - - github, which sucks too
> > - - Debian bugtracker, which sucks less
> > - - Bugzilla which is a pain in the ass
> > - - ...
> >
> > Some of the bugs are overlapping and no way to work on the bugs really.
> > At least, one needs an account in all bugtrackers (except debian ones).
> >
> > I believe, there is no one in here who have a overview over them all.
>
> Then, for heaven's sake, why has the Geeqie project used the sf.net
> bug tracker for several years? It can be disabled via the project admin
> interface. No tracker => no tickets that end up in nirvana.

Cause I do not have access to it (As I did delete my SF account long
ago). And the one that has access (Vlad) seems to be retired. :-(

> And if all those bug trackers suck in your opinion, is there one,
> which you like? Some people like "trac", e.g. the fedorahosted.org project
> service uses it.

Also needs separate account. I already told you, the Debian one is the
greatest in my opinion. Nevertheless this Bugwarior project seems to be
very promising.

> The primary problem with Geeqie's own bug tracker at sf.net is that nobody
> seems to pay attention to the tickets anymore. Whether bug reports should be
> sent to this list instead, nobody knows.

True. :-(

> Same for Debian. Bugs filed in a distribution's bug tracker may be
> specific to the distribution.

I am subscribed to the debian one and do whatever I can to answer and/or
fix them.

> It could be a bug in exiv2 or an API change. Whatever. If the distribution
> package user reported that at Geeqie's sf.net bug tracker directly, the
> downstream package would remain broken, unless a new Geeqie release would
> fix it (or if the downstream packager would notice a fix in upstream git).
> But if it's a bug in exiv2, activity would need to shift to that package
> and/or upstream project.

There are many bugs on SF that are invalid as not the problem of Geeqie
and there are many that are already fixed long ago. This is a problem as
the list gets only longer and it is nearly impossible to sort them in a
useful way.

Geeqie needs new People who help with it. And it needs the help of old
people who have invented some great features that, unfortunatelly, added
also new bugs.

After the SF and Gitorious debacle, I bought the domain geeqie.org to
always point to the real project page. If some dev insist I would easily
hand over it. I do not like that it hangs on my person only.

But currently there are some bugs and I seems to be the only one who is
trying to hold it together. But I cannot fix all bugs. I am also more
the backend dev. Bugs in Frontend would need many time to fix that I
unadorned not have.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <kl...@ethgen.ch>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C