This has been a long-time annoyance for me with Geeqie. For instance a
set of folders that gets ordered as:

Scans 10

Scans 2

That clearly isn't what I want.

[Maybe https://github.com/BestImageViewer/geeqie/issues/417 relates to
this also.]

But I don't think this is a locale selection problem. I think the real
culprit may be lines 282 and 283 of filedata.c where
g_utf8_collate_key_for_filename() should be used and not
g_utf8_collate_key().

Unfortunately I don't understand anything about locales and all those
things, so I would appreciate comments from those who do.

Is this simple change the correct solution, or have I missed something?

If this is ok, and should be implemented, should it be a user-selectable
option?

Thanks for any comments

Colin Clark