On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Øyvind Kolås <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am happy with GEGLs current limited focus on three-dimensional (plus
> alpha) color models, this might be expanded with something resembling
> spot colors, for z-buffers from 3d renders for use in compositing, as
> well as native support for multi-spectral pixels if I find the need.
> Native CMYK compositing and processing is something I consider to be
> of little benefit to most and of minimal interest to myself, thus I am
> unlikely to spend much time on it.

Just to add a note, this wouldn't stop someone from modifying GEGL to
be capable of having a set of CMYK processing operations, or alternate
code paths for dealing with CMYK buffers in existing operations. If
done correctly without intruding much on the existing code - patches
that implement the missing functionality would be welcome.

/Øyvind K.
 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ http://ffii.org/