hey all,

I'm doing a workshop in HK in about 13 days.

I wanted to demo pix_video, but I can't seem to get things working on my
eee pc.

The device is working with v4l2, I can get a feed from mplayer with:

mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:fps=30

seems generic enough. Here is the output regarding video format:

Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Packed YUY2)
VDec: using Packed YUY2 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 640x480 => 640x480 Packed YUY2
Selected video codec: [rawyuy2] vfm: raw (RAW YUY2)

I'm working with an svn copy of GEM updated yesterday. I'm configuring with:

./configure --prefix=/usr --without-libv4l1 --with-libv4l2-libs=/usr/lib/
--with-libv4l2-includes=/usr/include/

and GEM complains about the camera when I start pix_video (and I get no
video image):

v4l: VDIOCGCHAN: Invalid argument

This device/camera must only have one channel?

I can't tell if I'm using v4l1 or 2. configure tells me v4l: yes not
matter if its v4l1 or v4l2 I enable. I also have a vague memory that
configure should tell me what v4l its using, like:

v4l: yes (libv4l2)

but I can't get that output with any combination of flags. Did I imagine it?

Anyhow let me know if anyone has a working uvc webcam in gem
(linux-intrepid) or better yet working eeepc webcam.

Thanks all.

Here is a link to what I'm doing here in HK:

http://www.videotage.org.hk/projects/20090514_dreamingmachine.htm

I'll have to make another post about some issues with pix_crop, and
pix_buffer save, which forced me to change some aspects of the project!

..b..