Hi Steve,
  Thanks for the quick response.  I tried the m5 repository and ran into the
same issue.
  I have attached the updated src/mem/bus.cc that we had in our old source.
 The changes that cause the problem are in calcPacketTiming, updating
tickNextIdle and the packet firstWordTime and finishTime.
  Thanks,
  Joel