I would say that if the changes to get gem5 to compile with LLVM are modest
and reasonable we should include them even if they don't provide any
additional benefit.

I'd also say that compiling benchmarks with LLVM and compiling gem5 itself
with LLVM are two different topics that involve very different issues (and
I'd think would have very different motivations) so it'd be easier in future
discussions if we focused on one or the other.

Steve